Recipe by: Julie Knox
Source: Adapted from Tyler Florence on Food Network.com http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-cherry-tomatoes-recipe2.html
Serves: 4 – 6
Do you miss the intensely deep flavor of vine ripened tomatoes? Roasting will coax flavor from less-than-pristine tomatoes.
You can nibble these hot or cold, incorporate them into an appetizer or use in most dishes using cooked tomatoes.
- 1 or 2 containers cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes, or other small tomatoes)
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (optional)
Preheat oven to any temperature between 180 – 230 C (350 – 450 F).
- Place tomatoes in plastic bag. Add Olive Oil. Gently massage the bag so that all the tomatoes are lightly coated with oil.
- Pour into baking pan large enough for tomatoes to form a single layer. Roast for at least 10 minutes at any temperature between 350 and 450 F. (I roast these when cooking other dishes, hence the various baking temperatures.) Tomatoes are done when they start to collapse.
- Note: By using a not-too-large dish, the juices accumulate in the bottom and can be added to soup, sauces, etc.
Download PDF here: American Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Julie Knox