Recipe by: Kei Eihara
Source: Family recipe
- Takoyaki mixture
- 200g flour
- 900ml water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp bonito fish soup stock
- 50g boiled octopus, diced
- 100g green onion (minced)
- 100g tempura flakes
- Bonito flakes to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Takoyaki sauce to taste
- Mix Tokoyaki mixture, flour, water, soy sauce, bonito fish soup stock and eggs in a bowl. Mix gently until the lumps disappear.
- Grease the takoyaki pan with oil.
- Pour the mixture into the pan cups until they are full.
- Top each cup with the octopus, green onion and tempura flakes.
- Cook over medium to medium high heat on the stove for 8-10 minutes until the sides are slightly cooked or dry.
- Keep the heat on and turn the takoyaki balls over with a skewer in the cups. Keep turning them over until they are round and brown all over for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve on a plate with sauce, mayonnaise and bonito flakes to taste.
Download PDF here: Japanese Takoyaki Kei Eihara