Recipe by: Sachika Takao
Source: Family recipe
- 150 g Spaghetti or linguini pasta
- 200 g skinless salmon filet
- 2 +1 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pack Shimeji mushrooms
- 4-5 green asparagus
- 400 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp Dashi powder* (optional)
- Salt, pepper
- 4 slices cheese (such as mozzarella or cheddar), cut into pieces
- Cut off the stems from the Shimeji mushrooms and separate them from each other.
- Clean, peel and slice the asparagus.
- Cut the salmon filet into 2cm cubes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat in the 2 Tbsp flour.
- In a bowl, mix 1 Tbsp flour with the white miso paste and some milk (around 100 ml).
- Heat a pan with water till it boils. Cook the pasta per instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, pan-fry the salmon in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Remove it from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the butter, garlic, mushrooms and asparagus. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add the salmon again.
- Lower the heat, add the rest of the milk and the flour/milk mixture.
- Gently mix the preparation with a wood spoon.
- Add the cheese and the Dashi powder (if using). Gently cook until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add more miso, salt, pepper if needed.
- Once the pasta is cooked, toss it with the salmon sauce.
Download PDF here: Japanese Creamy Miso Salmon Pasta Sachika Takao