Recipe: Kei Eihara
Source: Family Recipe
- 400g chicken breast, cut into serving portions
- 3 Tbsp katakuriko
(Japanese potato starch)
- 2 Tbsp oil
Ingredients (Teriyaki Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp sake
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for at least 20 minutes, and then remove the chicken from the sauce. Keep the sauce as we will be using it later on.
- Pour katakuriko in a large plastic bag and add the chicken. Blow the plastic bag up like a balloon, close it with one hand and shake until the chicken is evenly covered with a thin layer of katakuriko.
- Heat up the frying pan and then pour in oil.
- When it’s hot, put the chicken in the frying pan.
- Fry both sides in medium heat until it turns brown. Turn off the heat and then remove excess oil by wiping it with a kitchen towel. Leave the chicken in the pan.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and heat again until sauce thickens slightly and glazes the chicken. Then, turn off the heat. Seal the pan tightly with tinfoil and a lid, and then leave for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate. Pour the remaining teriyaki sauce over the chicken before serving.
Download PDF here: Japanese Chicken Teriyaki Kei Eihara