Recipe by: Alexandra Muquet
Source: slightly modified from a Delicious magazine recipe
Serves: 6 – 8 slices (Depending on how big you cut each slice)
- 375 g Puff pastry dough
- 1 beetroot (peeled & cooked), cut into slices or wedges
- 125 g feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan, cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 2-3 Tbsp Pine nuts (dry roasted optional)
- Olive oil to drizzle
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Roll out the dough to fit a flat baking tray, fold the edges to make a border. Use baking paper.
(Size depending on how many persons you want to feed with your tart and how thick you like the crust (I prefer thinner).
- Spread with half the pesto, cheddar, parmesan and drizzle olive oil. Bake for 10-15min, until golden.
- Take out of oven, top with beetroot & Feta cheese and return to oven for another 5min, until warm.
- When ready, garnish with pine nuts, remaining pesto, chopped coriander & mint leaves.
- Best when eaten right away ! ( if any left over, reheat in oven ) Enjoy !
Download PDF here: Beetroot, Feta & Pesto Tart Alexandra Muquet