Recipe by: Melinda Walley
Source: Adapted from a Donna Hay recipe
Makes: 45 tartlets
- 6 sheets butter puff pastry (see photo), thawed
(depending on size of tart approx 70)
- egg white for brushing
- 1-2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 250 g raspberries, pureed
- 1-2 Tbsp icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
Ingredients (Sour Cream Filling)
- 250g Light sour cream
- 100g Double thick cream
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 90g brown sugar
Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
- Use a cutter (approx 8cm diameter) for placing in small muffin/tart tin (this will depend on the size desired)
- Place the cut pastry rounds in a lightly greased tin, squash the base and lower sides to avoid over “puffing”, brush lightly with egg white and sprinkle castor sugar.
- Rest & chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. Bake for approx 15 minutes or until crisp and golden – allow to cool.
- While the pastry is cooking, make the sour cream filling.
Instructions (sour cream filing)
- Place the sour cream, double thick cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
- Place raspberries in a bowl with the icing sugar and puree/blend.
- Once the pastries have cooled, spoon approx ¾ teaspoon of the sour cream filling in the base of each tart, top (generously) with the raspberry mixture, lightly dust with icing sugar and serve.
Any left over filling is fabulous on chocolate brownies or mud cake!
Download PDF here: Australian Crushed Raspberry Tarlets Melinda Walley