Recipe by: AJ Mankowski
Source: The Internet, with modifications
- Large head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of corn
- 5 spring onions / scallions (optional – I tend to leave them out)
- Avocado (optional)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ avocado or ½ cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Finely chop Romaine lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onions.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and stir to come.
- Toss with dressing.
Download PDF here: American Southwest Chopped Salad AJ Mankowski