Recipe by: Sheetal Sharma
Source: Sanjeev Kapoor’s website
- 900 g spinach
- 200 g paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2-3 green chilies 2-3
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp fresh cream
- Remove the stems and wash spinach thoroughly in running water.
- Blanch the spinach in salted boiling water for two mins. Refresh in chilled water.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Grind the spinach and green chillies into a fine paste.
- Cut the paneer into one inch by one inch by half inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and sauté until it’s caramelised.
- Add garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the spinach puree and stir. Check and adjust seasoning as required. Add water if required.
- When the gravy comes to a boil, add the paneer and mix well.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Finally add fresh cream.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF here: Indian Palak Paneer (Spinach with Cottage Cheese) Sheetal Sharma