Recipe by: Vidya Khader
Source: Vidya Khader
- ½ cup yoghurt or 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ – 1 green chili, deseeded for less heat
- ¼ inch ginger
- 4 – 5 curry leaves
- 2 shallots
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- If using yogurt: Mix the yoghurt and 1.5 cups water in a bowl and whisk it well. Add salt to this or the buttermilk and mix well.
- Cut the rest of the ingredients finely and keep little of it aside. In a blender, pulse the remaining ingredients couple of times.
- Put this in the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add the cut ingredients on top and serve chilled.
Download PDF here: South Indian Masala Butter Milk Vidya Khader