Recipe by: Alexandra Muquet
Source: Alexandra Muquet
Serves: 6 – 8 (depends on the size of each serving)
- 1 (375 g package) shortcrust dough
- 3 mangos, not too ripe
- 50 g butter
- 60 g caster sugar
- 30-60 g maple syrup (use real syrup!)
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated coconut
- Zest of 1 green lime or lemon (or mixed)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Cut mango in medium tick slices, set aside. In a pan, melt the butter, add the sugar and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, add the mango slices. Leave to caramelize for 10-15 mins. (thicker but still liquid…). Take off the heat and let cool.
- In the meantime, put a little flour on your surface, roll the dough, a little bit bigger than the shape of your dish, make a few fork marks and set aside.
- Pour the mango sauce into your pie plate. Arrange the mango slices in a neat “design” (optional).
- Put the dough on top, make sure to tuck all of the dough inside the dish. Bake in oven for 30-40 mins, until dough is golden.
- When ready, take out of oven, and let cool a little bit, then reverse the tart onto a serving dish. (A serving dish with a border would be better as there will be some sauce).
- Add the grated coconut & lime/lemon zest.
- Serve hot or warm. Enjoy !
Download PDF here: Mango Tatin Alexandra Muquet