Recipe by: Alexandra Muquet
Source: Slightly modified from a Donna Hay magazine
Serves: 4 -6
- 1 kg pork neck
- 3 long red chilies, halved
- 5 cm piece (25 g) ginger, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1-2 stalk lemongrass, halved lengthways
- 150 g dark palm sugar, grated
- 1/8 cup fish sauce
- 1 ½ cup water (to cover the pork)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (350 F).
- Place the pork, chili, ginger, garlic, lime leaves, lemongrass, sugar, fish sauce, and water in a heavy based saucepan and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 1 hour, turn and cook for a further 2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Serve with rice, mash potatoes or Tagliatelle pasta.
Note: You can double the “sauce”, as you wish because as it cooks slowly, the sauce tends to diminish a lot… so depending on how much sauce you like… adjust.
Download PDF here: Lemongrass Pork Alexandra Muquet