Recipe by: Alexandra Muquet
Source: Adapted from “A la di Stasio 3” Cookbook
Serves: 4 – 8
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white or red quinoa (from above)
- 500 ml (2 cups) steamed beetroot, diced
- 125 g feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions/scallions, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 raw garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried “Herbes de Provence”*
- Rinse the quinoa until water is clear.
- In a skillet (pan), heat the oil, saute the quinoa for 1-2 mins.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 mins.
- Let cool for 5 mins, then separate the grains with a fork.
Instructions (Salad and Vinaigrette)
- Prepare quinoa as per above. Let it cool before making salad (you can make day before).
- Prepare vinaigrette by mixing together all ingredients.
- Mix together in a bowl; quinoa & beetroot, add the vinaigrette, mix well.
- Add the green onions, feta cheese and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Salt & pepper, to taste.
* Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs typical of the Provence region of southwest France, usually containing savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and oregano, sometimes lavender. It can be found at Culina / Dempsey or French specialty stores like Quartier.
Download PDF here:Canadian Quinoa Salad with Beetroot & Feta Alexandra Muquet