Recipe by: Thitima Jum Helena
Source: Thitima’s own recipe
Serve with rice
Ingredients (Part 1)
- ½ kg. chicken, small sliced
- 3 tsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- Oil for cooking, not too much
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum) any color, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Knorr Thai cooking power (see photo), can get at Thai grocery store, Golden Mile
- 2 spoons of water
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 4 whole dried chilies
- 5 spring onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Mix “ingredients part 1” in a bowl. Leave for 5 mins.
- Fry this chicken mixture with a little oil until cooked can see the color of chicken turn brown.
- Take the chicken out of the oil and let rest 5 mins (you don’t want it to be too oily).
- Heat a little oil in a wok (not too much oil). Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chicken mixture and cook about 3 mins.
- Add the sweet soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, ¼ tsp salt, Korr cooking powder and water and cook until all mix together 10 mins.
- Add the cashew nuts, dried chili, and spring onion cook 3 mins until done.
Download PDF here: Thai Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts Thitima Jum Helena