RECIPE BY: MAI HANAKI BRODERSEN
SOURCE: re-created from the book “everyday harumi” by Harumi kurihara
Ingredients (Nanbanzuke Sauce)
- 1 cup dashi stock (see miso soup recipe)
- (can also use instant dashi powder, mix 1 cup of water and 2 g of dashi powder)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 large salmon fillet
- 2 small carrots (peeled and cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced finely
- 10 g ginger, peeled and cut into
- 2 dried red chili, removed seeds
- and sliced finely
- Salt and pepper to season
- Flour for coating the salmon
- 1 lemon, sliced
Instructions (Nanbanzuke Sauce)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Season salmon with a bit of salt and pepper, and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the salmon.
- Add the cooked salmon (while still warm) to the nanbanzuke sauce to marinate.
- Slightly fry the carrots, onion and ginger then add to the nanbanzuke sauce.
- Add the red chili and sliced lemon.
- Marinate for at least 30 mins.
Download PDF here: Japanese Salmon Nanbanzuke Mai Hanaki Brodersen