Recipe by: Irene Lechevalier
Source: Traditional Recipe (commonly known in Costa Rica)
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 can (375 g) Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can of corn
- 50 g of butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in a rectangular silicone mold (15 cm x 25 cm).
- Bake for 35 mins, then turn the oven down to 180 C (350 F), cover the mold with aluminum foil and bake for a further 10 mins.
- Open the oven but don’t take the cake out immediately. Wait for the cake to become cold and then take it out.