RECIPE BY: IRENE LECHEVALIER
SOURCE: TRADITIONAL (COMMONLY KNOWN) COSTA RICAN RECIPE
Can be served over salad leaves.
Ceviche is typically a seafood dish that is popular in the coastal regions of Latin America, especially Peru. There are many variations of this dish. Note that coriander is a very common ingredient in Costa Rican cuisine.
- 5 mangos (green or yellow, or you can mix both)
- 8 limes or green lemons, juice of
- 3 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 red capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of sugar (secret ingredient!!!!)
- Peel the mangos and cut into cubes.
- Add the coriander, onion, capsicum cubes and lime juice / lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Can be served over salad leaves.
Download PDF here: Costa Rican Ceviche de Mango a la Tica (Mango Ceviche) Irene Lechevalier