RECIPE BY: MEHEK KALRA
SOURCE: FAMILY RECIPE
- 2 x 200 g packets okra
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp mango powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp besan (gram flour)
- Oil for frying
- Chaat Masala, generous amount for the garnish, see photo (optional)
- Wash the okra a few hours before preparing this dish and keep to dry.
- Slice into half, lengthwise.
- Add salt and leave for 30 min or so to let the ladies finger get sticky.
- Add the mango powder, coriander powder, turmeric and red chilli powder (the ladies finder will be sticky and will coat this nicely). Add the gram flour.
- Heat oil in a pot or work.
- Deep fry until the okra are crisp, approximately 5-7 mins.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on the top and serve immediately.
Download PDF here: North Indian Crispy Bhindi Okra (Ladyfingers) Mehek Kalra