Recipe by: Sanha Bose
Source: Family recipe
Serve with rice or naan
- 1 Kg chicken, cut into serving portions
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Paprika Powder
- 2 cardamom Pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 small piece cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala powder (mixed spice powder)
- 1 medium onion, cubed and fried until golden brown
- 8 whole peppercorns for garnish
- Marinate the chicken pieces in yogurt, black pepper, salt, paprika. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a deep cooking pan, add the whole spices (cardamom pods, cinnamon stick & cloves).
- Stir and add the onion paste and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute over medium heat for 5 mins and add the chicken along with all its marinate.
- Cook until the chicken starts to brown and most of its liquid dries up.
- Add ½ cup warm water and simmer over gentle heat till the chicken is tender and there is a thick sauce.
- Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with the fried onion and peppercorns.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF here: Indian Murg Rezala (Chicken Cooked in Yogurt) Sanha Bose