Recipe by: Sanha Bose
Source: Family recipe
Serve with rice or naan on the side
- 100 g Indian cottage cheese (paneer), cubed
- 8-10 French beans, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ yellow bell pepper (capsicum) sliced
- ½ red bell pepper (capsicum), sliced
- ½ green bell pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp each of mixed spices: mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to tastes
- 1 chopped green chilli or ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (optional for those who like spicy food)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil, add the whole spices and fry over medium heat till fragrant.
- Add the carrot, beans and fry on low heat.
- Add tomato puree, cumin & coriander powder, salt and little water.
- Cover and simmer till the vegetables are tender, approximately 5 mins.
- Add the bell peppers, tomato wedges and paneer. Add Salt.
- Stir to coat with the spices and cook on low heat till the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy and there is a thick sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF here: Indian Jalfrezi (Mixed Vegetables) Sanha Bose