Recipe by: Trina Yeung
Serves: Makes 32 pcs
Ingredients (Fish Cakes)
- 600 g white boneless fish (or 400 g white fish and 200 g squid for a firmer fish cake)
- 8 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 16 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 long beans, finely chopped
- Frying oil for frying
Ingredients (Dipping Sauce)
- 4 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 8 Tbsp Thai sweet chilli
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped cucumbers
- Blend together the first 5 ingredients until a smooth paste is formed.
- Mix in the thinly sliced long beans to the paste.
- Shape into 32 fish cake patties.
- Leave to set in fridge for 30 mins.
- Fry in oil just enough to cover the fish cakes until golden brown (about 3 to 4 mins).
- Use kitchen paper to absorb excess oil before serving/
- For dipping sauce, mix all 3 ingredients together.
- Serve fish cakes with sauce on the side.
Download PDF here: Thai Fish Cakes with Dipping Sauce Trina Yeung