Recipe by: Trina Yeung
Source: Family Recipe
- 200 g sweet potato
- 100 g glutinous rice flour
- 60 ml warm water
- 8 pandan leaves pounded to extract 2 Tbsp juice*
- ½ cup Gula melaka (coconut sugar)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup grated white coconut
- Pinch salt
- Flour the hands and knead dough until smooth.
- Add glutinous rice flour, juice of pandan leaves and water. Mix all into a dough.
- Clean sweet potato and boil to cook. Remove skin and mash.
- Divide dough into small ball portions (~ 15 g each).
- Mix gula malaka and brown sugar together (1:1) ratio
- Make hole and add some sugar mixture in middle and reshape ball.
- Boil water in pot, place a few balls at a time in. When balls float (~3 mins), remove and drain well.
- Mix the grated coconut with the salt.
- Roll in coconut and salt mixture
* Wash pandan leaves, stack leaves and cut into thin slices, blend with ¼ cup of water. Place on muslin cloth, squeeze out as much water as possible.
Download PDF here: Indonesian Ondeh Ondeh (Sweet Potato Dessert) Trina Yeung