Recipe by: Pujan Rai
Source: Family Recipe
With egg and meat variations. Serve with tomato sauce from the momo recipe or any kind of spicy sauce.
- 200 g black gram lentils (Urid Dhall Split), without the black skin (see photo in attached PDF file)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Minced meat – chicken/pork/beef
- Soak the gram lentils over night.
- Wash it in running tap water and drain it in colander.
- Put it in food process or blender and blend it well. Make it into a paste form. It has be thick paste.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes and salt.
- In a flat pan (crepe pan) drizzle some oil over medium flame. Use a spoon or small ladle full of lentil mix and pour it on pan (just like pancake) and make it round shape.
- Flip over to other side when it is little brown.
- Cook for another 3-4 mins or until it turns brown.
- For egg variation: After you put the batter on pan crack a egg over it. Make sure your patties is big enough to hold a egg.
- For minced meat variation: Season meat with some salt and top it over the patties. When you flip the patties you have to cook it a bit longer. Pork or beef goes well with this dish.
- You can serve this dish with tomato sauce (from momo recipe) or any kind of spicy sauce.
Download PDF here: Nepalese Bara Lentil Patties Pujan Rai