Recipe by: Ravina Bhojwani
Source: Om Cooking, by Ravina Bhojwani
- 600 g French green beans
- 1 – 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 150 g cashew nuts
- 2 ½ cups thin coconut milk (second press, or coconut milk as in the grocery stores)*
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (first press, or slightly diluted coconut cream bought from the grocery store)*
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for ½ hour.
- Take the strings off the green beans and slice the beans diagonally.
- Cook the beans in a large pot with all the ingredients except the cashew nuts and the thick coconut milk over a medium fire until the beans are almost cooked, ~ 15 mins.
- Add in the cashew nuts and the thick coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Download PDF here: Sri Lankan Green Bean and Cashew Nut Curry Ravina Bhojwani