RECIPE BY: RAVINA BHOJWANI
SOURCE: OM COOKING, BY RAVINA BHOJWANI
- 500 g potatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coarse chili powder (for heat)
- 1 tsp red chili powder (for color)
- 200 g onions, sliced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 pandan leaf
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Lime juice to taste (1-2 Tbsp)
- Boil potatoes until al dente (90% cooked) and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put potatoes into a bowl and add in salt turmeric, and both the chili powders.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the onion, curry leaves, pandan leaf and cinnamon.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter, add the potatoes and cook until well fried.
- Remove the curry leaves, pandan leaf, and cinnamon stick.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary and sprinkle with lime juice before serving.
Download PDF here: Sri Lankan Dry Fried Potatoes Ravina Bhojwani