RECIPE BY: SILKE BECKER
SOURCE: “TAPAS” BY PENELOPE CASAS
- 1/3 quantity filo dough or puff pastry
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced pimiento
- ¼ pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion is wilted.
- Add pimiento and cook for 1 min.
- Add mushrooms, chili pepper, salt, pepper and sauté until mushrooms are softened.
- Spread out 1 leaf of the filo dough. Brush with olive oil (non-vegans may want to use melted butter, milk. Can also grated sprinkle on cheese if you like.
- Cover with next leaf. Repeat. (If you are using puff pastry, only one layer required, just roll thin first.)
- When you have 3 leaves, cut them into squares and fill in mini cupcake mold.
- Place 1 Tbsp of filling, cover with remaining filo and seal.
- This process can be prepared ahead and the tapas kept refrigerated.
- Heat oven to 200 C (390 F).
- Bake until golden, ~10-15 mins.
Download PDF here: Spanish Mushrooms in Filo Silke Becke