RECIPE BY: SILKE BECKER
SOURCE: silke’s friend
- 6 eggs
- 250 g icing sugar
- 250 g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zest of
Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F)
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites with a little bit of salt to very stiff consistency, leave in fridge.
- Beat egg yolks and icing sugar until primrose color and foamy, creamy consistency.
- Add baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Add almonds. This is quite a sticky matter! Make sure to scrape dough from edge of bowl so that everything forms a homogenous mass.
- Fold in egg whites carefully.
- Lightly brush a 26 cm mold with olive oil and cover bottom with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 55 mins.
Download PDF here: Spanish Majorcan Almond Cake Silke Becker