RECIPE BY: PALLAVI LELE
SOURCE: PALLAVI’S FAMILY RECIPE
- 10 long beans, cut diagonally
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 4-5 green chilies, cut into big pieces
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed
- 1 medium green capsicum, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Pulav Masala*
- 7-8 salted cashews
- 4 Tbsp oil or ghee (Indian clarified butter)
- Fry the onions in oil / ghee until they are brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and 2 cups of water and cook with the lid on for 30 mins until the rice cooks well.
* If you can’t find the ready made Pulav Masala, you can make it by grinding together 7-8 black peppers, 2-3 cloves and ¼ inch cinnamon into a powder.
Download PDF here: Central Indian Pulav Rice Pallavi Lele