RECIPE BY: SILKE BECKER
SOURCE: “TAPAS” BY PENELOPE CASAS
- 5 large carrots, peeled
- 2 cups vegetable broth, or enough to cover the carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Good quality olive oil
- Bring broth and some salt to a boil in a saucepan big enough to hold the carrots.
- Add the carrots and boil for only a few mins, until just tender. Remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Mix mashed garlic and spices thoroughly to a paste.
- Cut the cooled carrots in thick round slices and mix with spice paste.
- Add vinegar and the same amount of water, mix well with carrots.
- Marinate in the fridge several hours or overnight.
- Strain carrots, discard vinegar and mix carrots with some good olive oil and salt.
Download PDF here:Spanish Cumin Marinated Carrots Silke Becker