Recipe by: Kelly Schoen
Source: Adapted from Food Network
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 “Seaweed Mushroom Broth” cube*, see photo in attached PDF file.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 mins.
- Add 1 ¾ cups water and the broth cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 – 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, about 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, ~ 3 mins. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, ~ 2 mins.
- Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Add the pine nuts, garlic, reserved oil, parsley, raisins and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Download PDF here: American Quinoa with Garlic Pine Nuts and Raisins Kelly Schoen