RECIPE BY: DEWI HACKL
SOURCE: DEWI HACKL
- 3 cups rice (jasmine rice preferred)
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 2 stalks lemon grass (bruised)
- 2 cm galangal (bruised) – note can be found in grocery stores
- 3-4. Salam leaves (or bay leaves as substitute) – note can be found in wet markets, sold dried or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt
- Wash and drain rice.
- On the saucepan pour coconut milk and the water and all the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to boil and allow to simmer. Continue to stir until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Transfer to a steamer.
- Steam the rice until thoroughly cooked as about 20-30 mins.
- To prepare the cone shape Rice, spray the cone mold with canola oil cooking spray. Do not use strong flavored oil to spray.
- Fill the cone with warm rice, press the rice hard to get them nice and firm. Add a little amount of rice at a time until the cone is full.
- Flip the cone on the flat plate/ serving dish carefully.
- The rice is ready to serve.
- Surround with vegetables of your choice.
Download PDF here: Indonesian Tumpeng Cone Shaped Yellow Rice Dewi Hackl