Recipe by: Dewi Hackl
Source: Dewi Hackl
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 150 g spinach leaves (or kangkong leaves)
- 150 g long beans, cut into 2 cm long
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Shallots, sliced and fried (optional)
Ingredients (Peanut sauce)
- 250 g peanuts
- Vegetable oil
- 5 large red chilies, removed seeds
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- 150 g palm sugar
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 ml hot water
- Blanch and drain the bean sprouts, spinach leaves (or kangkong leaves), and long beans.
- Fry the peanuts in vegetable oil, then grind / pound using a pestle and mortar. This gives it better flavor.
- Heat the frying pan without oil, place the chilies, shallot garlic let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer it in to the pestle and mortar, grind the spices in to paste. Add palm sugar and peanuts and grind well.
- Finally, add the tamarind paste and hot water a little at a time and stir well.
- Arrange the blanched vegetables on a plate. Pour the peanut sauce over it and garnish with egg slices and fried shallots if desired.
Download PDF here: Indonesian Gado Gado (Vegetable Salad with Peanut Sauce) Dewi Hackl