RECIPE BY:VIVIANE POURPIX
SOURCE: VIVIANE POURPIX
SERVES: Makes about 48 canelés
- 500 ml whole milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 250 g sugar
- 2 whole eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 liqueur glass (~5-6 tsp) rum
Preheat oven to 250 C (480 F)
- Whisk the eggs.
- Pour boiling milk in the egg while whisking.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and sugar. Pour in the milk / eggs mixture.
- Mix with melted butter and rum.
- Fill in the flexipan (see photo) and bake for 10 mins.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 200 C / 390 F and bake for a further 35 mins. The outside should be crispy and caramelized but inside should be soft.
- Note: The only tricky bit in making these canelé’s is cooking them in the oven as they can burn very easily. Depends really on the oven, so watch carefully.
- Note also that the dough can be made the day before, as it is better if it can rest.
Download PDF here: French Canele Viviane Pourprix