RECIPE BY: PAULA GEER
SOURCE: adapted from a donna hay recipe
- 400 g broccoli
- 400 g cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chili, sliced
- 1/3 cup (55 g) almonds
- 4 x 180 g salmon fillets, skin off
- ¾ cup (150 g) Israeli cous cous (also call pearl cous cous, see photo in attached PDF file)
- ¼ store brought sundried tomato pesto
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
Pre-heat the oven to 220 C (425 F) degrees.
- Cook the cous cous according to package instructions.
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, oil, chili, almonds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place broccoli mixture on a large oven tray, lined with non stick paper.
- Cook for 6-8 mins until tender and slightly charred.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of the broccoli mix.
- Cook for a further 8-10 mins or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Place the cous cous, pesto, lemon juice and rind, and the broccoli mix in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the mix between serving plates (or serve on one large dish) and top with the salmon, sprinkle with sea salt.
Download PDF here: Roasted Salmon and Roasted Vegetables with Israeli Cous Cous Paula Geer