RECIPE BY: PAULA GEER
SOURCE: AUSTRALIAN WOMEN’S WEEKLY “THE BEST EVER COLLECTION”
Serve with Tomato Salad
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled finely
- 3 large zucchini (~ 450 g)
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 5 spring onions / scallions(or small bunch of chives), chopped
- 1 tsp chopped oregano
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 160 C (325 F). Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Coarsely grate the zucchini. Squeeze firmly to remove excess liquid with paper towel.
- Leave stand for 30 mins to drain and make sure all water removed.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl with feta, green onion, egg, herbs and flour, season and stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick pan over medium heat.
- Cook level tablespoons of mix in batches for 3 mins each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towel and then place on oven tray to keep warm in oven between batches.
- Serve with tomato salad.
Download PDF here: Australian Zucchini and Feta Fritters with Tomato Salad Paula Geer