RECIPE BY: PAULA GEER
SOURCE: AUSTRALIAN Women’s Weekly “The Best Ever Collection”
Serve with Zucchini & Feta Fritters
- 4 medium roma tomatoes (or 1 punnet baby tomatoes) chopped coarsely or quartered depending on your preference
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 yellow capsicum (if you will char yourself, per below. Otherwise use from the jar)
- Half bunch of basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp red vine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Instructions (Chargrilled Capsicum)
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Cut out core of capsicum and try to remove most of the seeds.
- Place on tray and roast for 30 mins (skin can become a little charred, this is normal so don’t worry).
- Pick capsicum up with tongs and place in a plastic bag. Seal or tie the bag.
- Leave to one side for around 1 hour.
- Take capsicum out of bag and gently peel away skin from the flesh.
- Chop up into strips.
Instructions (Salad Assembly)
- Place tomatoes, olives, capsicum, basil, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and toss gently to combine. Season to taste
- Serve fritters with the tomato salad.
Download PDF here: Australian Tomato Salad Paula Geer