RECIPE BY: JULIANNE BROWNE
SOURCE: ADAPTED BY JULIANNE’S MUM-in-law’s RECIPE
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 6 rashers of bacon, sliced into ½ cm strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen spinach.
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Parmesan or pecorino cheese, as much as you like, shredded
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- Handful of fresh basil (or as much as you like, can also use dried)
- While preparing the sauce, boil water for pasta.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 1 min. Add in the spices and fry for 1 more min to mix to expand the flavors.
- Add the bacon and fry until cooked to your liking.
- Add in frozen spinach allow to simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in frozen peas and tomatoes 2 mins before you are ready to add to pasta.
- Drain the pasta and add a few spoons of oil sauce to coat pasta.
- Place pasta on serving dishes. Add a spoon of sauce on top as well as the parmesan or pecorino cheese to your liking. Garnish with fresh basil.
Download PDF here: Australian Bacon, Spinach and Pea Pasta Al’Olio Julianne Browne