RECIPE BY: CASEY SHIRLEY
SOURCE: CASEY SHIRLEY
This mulled apple cider drink is over 100 years old, and is said to come from England. A king that enjoyed hearing wassailing (carolling) in the streets would offer the singers a mulled hot drink to keep them warm on the streets.
It is best if you can slow cook this 4 hours before your party, but if you run out of time, you can cook it on the stove, and then transfer it to a crock pot to keep it warm throughout the party. It is best garnished with a cinnamon stick, but it is just for show (serves no purpose).
- 4 cups (~ 1 liter) apple juice
- 4 cups (~1 liter) orange juice
- 4 cups (~1 liter) cranberry juice
- 4 cups (~1 liter) pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon, juiced)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cup water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange (studded with whole cloves)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4 hours.
- Altneratively, if you don’t have a slow cooker, place all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover pot. Let simmer for 1-2 hours.
Download PDF here: American Slow Cooker Wassail Casey Shirley