Recipe by: Casey Shirley
Source: Casey Shirley
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup (~55 g) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (~110 g) butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 2 cans Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup (see photo in attached PDF file)
- 1 package of “Herbed Seasoned Cubed Stuffing” (see photo in attached PDF file)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F)
- Mix milk, butter, and egg with a whisk.
- Add all other ingredients. The batter you get will be lumpy.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch dish and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden.
- If eating by itself, brush the top with butter while it is hot.
- If preparing for the stuffing, crumble with hands.
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Spray a casserole dish.
- Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Combine the cornbread crumble and the celery and onions in the casserole dish.
- Beat the eggs with the sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cornbread mixture and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Bake for 40 minutes covered with foil, and 10 minutes uncovered.
Download PDF here: American Cornbread Stuffing Casey Shirley