Recipe by: Malika Singh
Serves: Makes 18-20 medium-sized idlis
Idlis is a popular breakfast recipe in South India but now getting popular in other parts of India too. Serve the steaming hot idlis with coconut chutney
- Ready made wet batter (see photo)
- Chili powder or rai (optional), can also be served plain with the South Indian Coconut Curd Chutney
- Pour the batter out in a large vessel, stir it, with a spoon.
- Pour out into well oiled idli moulds as per the size of the moulds.
- Once the idli moulds have been filled up with the batter, fill the bottom of the idli utensil with 1 cup water, the last try of the idli moulds should not be immersed in the water.
- Close the lid and let it cook. The idli vessel will whistle once its ready in 5 to 10 mins.
- Let the idlis cool in the moulds, and once cool, scoop out.
- The idli moulds should be well oiled so as for the idlis not to stick.
Download PDF here: South Indian Soft Idli with Coconut Curd Chutney Malika Singh