Recipe by: Elaine Tan
Source: Elaine’s Friend
- 1 Lotus Root
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp chili or turmeric powder
- Sesame seeds
- Seasoned seaweed snack (as topping after cooking)
- Slice lotus root into very thin slices (or if you have a mandolin slicer, use that).
- Boil lotus root in water for 4-5 mins. Drain and pat dry.
Preheat oven to 220 C (430 F)
- Mix roots with 2 Tbsp oil, salt and chili powder (optional) and lay on baking sheet without overlapping. (May also use sesame seeds for extra crunch here).
- Bake for 10 – 12 mins then flip once for and bake for another 10-12 mins or till crispy.
- Add seaweed if desired.
Download PDF here: Sinaporean Baked Lotus Root Chips Elaine Tan