Recipe by: Maria Fernanda de Genaro
Source: Nestle Brasil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 measures (sweetened condensed milk tins) whole milk
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Melt the sugar over medium-high heat until it is golden, stirring and making sure the sugar doesn’t burn.
- Add the water and stir.
- Boil until it thickens.
- Pour the caramel into the mold.
Instructions (Pudim / Flan)
- In a blender, mix the sweetened condensed milk, the milk and the eggs.
- Put in the mold and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour and 30 mins (set mold in the upper oven rack).
- Allow flan to cool before unmolding onto a plate.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Download PDF here: Brazilian Style Flan Maria Fernanda de Genaro