Recipe by: Sibel Cinar
- 2 cups Australian baldo (calrose) rice
- 4 cups hot water or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cups almonds
- ¼ cup raisins, washed
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat the pan and roast the almonds until they are light brown and set aside
- Wash rice with lukewarm water and drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Stir in rice and cook for 3 mins stirring constantly. Add chicken broth (or hot water), salt, almond and raisins. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 – 20 mins.
Download PDF here: Turkish Almond & Raisin Rice Pilaf Sibel Cinar