Recipe by: Candy Braithewaite
Source: internet , Home Cooking Simplified by Busy Aussie Mum
Serves: 4 – 6
- 20 g (about 1 Tbsp) butter or cooking oil
- 1 brown onion (medium), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic (chopped garlic in a jar also works)
- 4 red capsicums, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock (UHT stock from grocery store is fine)
- 150 -200 g low fat natural yoghurt
- Parsley or basil, finely chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Melt butter/oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic & gently cook until onions are soft
- Add chopped capsicum and fry for 5 or so more minutes until soft.
- Pour in the stock, bring to boil then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 20-30 min until all ingredients very soft (you can not really overcook this so don’t worry too much).
- Transfer a cup or so at a time to blender and puree (NOTE: leave the lid of the blender slightly open to allow the steam to escape as you blend it – or it could explode out and run the risk of burning you
- Alternatively, use a stick blender to puree.
- Pureed soup can be returned to the saucepan and can be reheated if necessary.
- Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt on top and a sprinkle of parsley or basil and cracked pepper.
- You can also add the yoghurt to the entire mix and swirl it through if you are serving in a large container. Then add parsley / basil and cracked pepper.
- Note: Once you have added yoghurt, reheat it very gently or it will separate.
Download PDF here: Australian Red Capsicum Soup Candida Braithewaite