Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Source: Friend’s recipe
Serves: 6 – 8
This very rich cake is better if consumed hours later or the day after. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Let it at room temperature before serving it.
- 200 g chocolate (70% cacao)
- 200 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 250 g caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs (60 g each)
- 1 big Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cake tin / silicone form, 20 cm diameter
- Cacao powder to decorate (optional)
Preheat oven at 190C (375 F)
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a bain-marie (double boiler), or microwave.
- Meanwhile, if you don’t use a silicone form, grease the base and sides of a cake tin with butter and dust with flour.
- Once the chocolate / butter mixture is just melted, add the sugar and let cool the batter.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix well with a whisk between additions.
- Add the flour and mix again.
- Scrape into the cake tin, level the surface and put in the oven.
- Decrease the oven temp to 170 C (340 F) and bake for 22-25 min (depends on oven).
- The cake must be still slightly “shaking” in the middle.
- Let it cool in the tin / silicon on the wire rack for 20min, then carefully flip onto a plate.