Recipe by: Tania Nicaise
Source: Word of Mouth
Serves: 6 – 8
Brazilians love to cook this easy flan. You can skip the coconut and use orange zest instead.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Whole milk in same quantity as condensed milk (use the can as measurer!), can also coconut milk
- 4 medium eggs (60 g each)
- 80 g fresh grated coconut (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- Tin (I use 21 cm silicone tin)
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Make the caramel: let the sugar melt in a pan till golden caramel color, then carefully add boiling water. Once sugar is dissolved, pour the caramel in a rectangular tin.
- Let it cool in the fridge.
Download PDF here: Brazilian Coconut Flan Tania Nicaise