Recipe by: Sandhya Puri
Source: Sandhya’s mother’s recipe
- I ½ cup yogurt
- 1 Tbsp milk (optional)
- ½ cup Boondi*
- Chat Masala (a spice mix)
- Fresh coriander
- Red chili powder
- Hot water
- Soak the Boondi in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Beat the yogurt with a whisk. If the consistency of the yogurt is too thick or if the yogurt tastes a little sour add the milk.
- Add salt, red chili powder and chat masala to the yogurt and whisk again.
- Drain the boondi and press it slightly to drain out any excess water. It will be quite soft so don’t press too much.
- Add the boondi to the yogurt and give it a mix with a spoon.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.
- It is best to make boondi raita close to the time it is being served since the raita can water down a bit in the fridge.
Download PDF here: Indian Boondi Raita Sandhya Puri