Recipe by: Penelope Black
- 1 packet of baby kai lan (or any green leafy vegetables)
- 1 – 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 2 tbps water/stock
- Rinse vegetables thoroughly and drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce and water and mix well.
- Heat a wok/frying pan until hot and add oil.
- Add garlic and fry for 20 secs or until it starts becoming fragrant. Add the vegetables and mix it all well to ensure it is being coated in the oil. Fry on high heat for a few more minutes, until they start to wilt.
- Add the sauce, mix well and cook until the vegetables are just tender. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately.
- Pluck leaves off the main stem and cut the main stem into smaller, similar-sized pieces to help them all cook at the same time
- Wok/Frying pan must always be HOT!
- Use enough oil to help give your vegetables a nice gloss and help preserve the vibrant green colour.
- Always mix your seasoning in a small bowl to be added at the end. You don’t want your vegetables stewing in the sauce for too long.
Download PDF here: Stir Fried Baby Kai Lan