Recipe by: Pavini Nath
Source: Family Recipe
(from the Amritsar region)
- 500 g fish (white fish or sole fish), deboned
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp (heaped) carom seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, made into paste
- 1 piece ginger, made into a paste
- ¼ tsp red food color
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp gram flour (see photo)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 small lemons, juiced
- Vegetable oil for deep fry
- Chaat Masala (optional)
- Marinate the fish (after cutting into pieces of desired size- small pieces for appetizer, larger pieces for main course) in all ingredients for 2-3 hours.
- Deep fry in non-stick pan (with enough oil to cover the fish, can use less oil if using a skillet).
- Sprinkle chaat masala on top, if desired.
Download PDF here: Pavini Nath Indian Amritsari Fish