Recipe by: Thitima Jum Helena
Source: Various websites and Thitima’s personal experience
- 2 Tbsp small dried shrimp, extra for garnish
- 1 small red Thai chili, cut fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 7 small, green unripe Thai (small green) mangoes, see photo (about 700 g) peeled and julienned
- 1 green bean, trimmed and cut into 2″ lengths
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar (dissolved in boiling water)
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts or cashews, chopped
- Coriander for garnish
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound shrimp until coarsely ground; transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the chilies, garlic, and red onion in the mortar and pound until bruised.
- Working in three batches, add mangoes and pound, using a spoon to combine, until softened slightly, 2–3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add green beans and tomatoes to mortar and lightly pound them to extract juices; stir in fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar.
- Transfer to bowl with mango mixture. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with crushed dried shrimp, peanuts (or cashews) and coriander leaves.
Download PDF here:Thitima Jum Helena Thai Mango Salad