Recipe by: Thitima Jum Helena
Source: Various webites and Thitima’s personal experience
- 10 oz (300 g) minced pork, with some fat
- 1/8 cup water
- 1-2 Tbls kaffir lime leaf, julienned (optional)
- 1 Tbls toasted ground rice* (and see photos)
- 3 spring onions, sliced crosswise
- ½ red onion, cut fine
- 1 tsp dried Thai red chili powder
- 1 tsp Thai seasoning (Knorr Aroy Sure, see photo)
- 2 ½ Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh Thai chili peppers (prik kee noo), to taste
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar syrup (can buy like this)
- 4 Thai onion leaves (sounds like Pak Chef Farang) cut fine like the spring onion
- Mint leaves for garnish and to eat alongside
- 2-4 small cucumber, cut into slices
- Add water to a hot pan and add the minced pork. Cook for 3 minutes stirring continuously until dry.
- Add the kaffir lime leaf and the toasted rice. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, add the chopped red onion and/or spring onions.
- Add dried chili powder, Thai seasoning powder and fish sauce and stir well.
- Add lime juice, fresh Thai chili peppers, and sugar syrup. Stir thoroughly once again.
- Serve in the meat mixture. Add the Thai onion leaves and stir.
- Serve on a dish and garnish with mint.
- Place cucumber slices on the side.
Download PDF here: Thitima Jum Helena Thai Laab Moo (Pork)